Creditors' Rights & Collection
Drake Loeb PLLC’s litigators represent national and local creditors in matters throughout New York and New Jersey. We represent banks, mortgage lenders, mortgage servicers, investment funds, and other financial institutions in all aspects of commercial workouts, mortgage foreclosure, bankruptcy, collections, and loan sale transactions. Our creditors’ rights attorneys work closely with other attorneys from our Litigation and Business and Financial Transactions practices to safeguard the rights of our clients and reach a swift and valuable resolution. Drake Loeb PLLC’s creditors’ rights attorneys have extensive experience in handling all aspects of the following types of matters:
• Commercial and residential mortgage foreclosure, including the use of pre-judgment remedies such as receiverships to preserve collateral pending resolution and deed-in-lieu agreements to avoid lengthy foreclosure proceedings;
• Commercial collections, including the use of pre- and post-judgment remedies and fraudulent conveyance actions to seize collateral and assets before or after dissipated;
• Bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings to enforce creditor’s rights, including motions for relief from the automatic stay, use of cash collateral, the prosecution and defense of adversary proceedings regarding objections to discharge, preference actions, fraudulent conveyances, successor liability, lien priority, valuation issues, and loss mitigation proceedings;
• Representing sale REO entity owners and landlords in real property matters including sales, leasing, and evictions;
• Asserting creditor’s rights with respect to lien priority issues including prosecuting quiet title action and title claims on behalf of mortgage lenders in state and federal courts; and
• Defense of lender liability claims in all courts.
We invite you to contact us today to find out how we can help you.